COSIGN Conversations 58: Marian Mekhail
The Business Of Being An ARTrepreneur
In this episode of COSIGN Conversations we sat down with Marian Mekhail, an Egyptian artist based in Dallas, TX to discuss all things art and entrepreneurship.
- We cover what it looks like to be an ARTrepreneur. What more goes into being a successful artist besides just painting something and selling it.
- Art knowledge (or lack thereof) amongst people of color?
- How do we learn more?
- Why do men tend to invest in original art more than women?
- The challenges a woman faces in growing a business. To take it a step further, challenges an attractive woman faces when growing a business in a male dominated industry.
- How to market yourself as an artist and more.
Marian Mekhail is an Egyptian contemporary artist whose signature works explore topics surrounding womanhood, as well as, the unique experiences of black and brown people. In 2019, Mekhail held her first solo exhibition “Queendom”, which boasted over 350 attendees and raised over $2,000 for the Women’s Center of Ft. Worth. In 2021, she hosted her second solo exhibition titled, “Maktub: It Is Written”, a collection of works inspired by her Egyptian heritage, which boasted over 450 attendees, 12 pieces sold. She made her mark as a highly- regarded artist amongst athletes and celebrities, as she brings legends to life with her unique crushed glass paintings.
One of the rising star artists in her community, she has created for athletes and celebrities such as:
- Ryan Clark- Pittsburg Steelers & ESPN Analyst
- Derrick Henry- Tennessee Titans Trent Williams – San Francisco 49ers
- Andre Johnson- Houston Texans Perrish Cox- San Francisco 49ers Marcus Martin – New England Patriots Ian Mahinmi- Washington Wizards
- Royce O’Neal- Utah Jazz
- American actor, author, and stand-up comedian, D.L. Hughley.
- Record executive, producer, and director, Damon Dash.
She was also commissioned by Dallas Theater Center to create an interactive mural for its Public Works Theater at the Wyly Theater production of “As You Like It” by William Shakespeare. In 2021, she was commissioned by President Michael Sorrell of Paul Quinn College to create a custom crushed glass portrait of prominent Dallas businessman and philanthropist, Mr. Trammell S. Crow.
If you like videos like this PLEASE SUBSCRIBE to our channel, like, comment, and share with your friends.
Want to support our platform? Donate via cash app: $cosignmag
Marian Mekhail on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/officialmar…
COSIGN on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cosignmag/
COSIGN on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CosignMagazine/
*Watch this video on YouTube or listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts & Spotify.*